Protecting your privacy: Artisan Recruitment Pty Ltd (“Artisan”) is committed to protecting the information it stores and uses about you. We manage your information in line with the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
COLLECTION & USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you when you apply for positions or register with our agency or on our website, and when you inform us of any changes to personal information that we hold about you. We will only collect information that is necessary for us to provide you with suitable recruitment services or to allow you to submit content to our website.
For Recruitment Purposes
This includes information relating to banking, taxation and WorkCover as well as the recruitment processes of database search, referral to clients, assessment and background verification. The personal information we collect and hold will depend on the type of recruitment services that you require. This may include:
- name and address
- date of birth - only the day and month are required
- photograph of yourself
- details of previous employment history and education
- details of your skills and experience including test results to verify this
- photographic images from your portfolio of work
- details of your next of kin
- health information if applicable (eg., where pre-existing conditions may be adversely affected by certain types of employment)
- information from referees or past employers that we have obtained for the purpose of assessing your suitability for employment.
It is your responsibility to advise us of any changes to your personal details to ensure we can keep our records accurate and up to date. Wherever possible, we will collect information directly from you. If you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to process your request. Where we collect information from a third party, we will advise you of this as soon as possible after the event.
In providing recruitment services to you it may be necessary for us to provide your personal information to other organisations with whom we conduct business. Such organisations include:
- our legal advisors, accountants and auditors
- printers and mailing services
- insurers used by Artisan
- financial institutions
- external payment systems operators
- organisations with whom we have an alliance or arrangement for the purpose of promoting our respective products and services, agents used by us and our business partners in administering such an alliance or arrangement
- Government agencies, such as Centrelink, and the Australian Taxation Office
- law enforcement bodies and courts
- your executor, administrator, trustee, guardian or power of attorney, your employer, your referees and any other person to the extent deemed necessary by us, in order to deliver any instruction you give us.
Your personal information is only provided to these entities to the extent necessary to enable us to provide recruitment services to you and to the extent required by law. We will use the information we collect to provide you with the recruitment service you request. We may share your personal information with clients of Artisan for the purposes of securing employment opportunities for you, however the information will only be used in accordance with our policies as stated. We may disclose your information to other parties as required by law, or to third party service providers such as other agencies who are contractually required to comply with our privacy obligations.
To allow you to submit content to our website, information we will collect from you includes your name and email address.
We will preserve the content of any email or information you submit if we believe we have a legal requirement to do so, or if any form of email abuse is suspected.
If you consent to us doing so, we may provide you with information from time to time about new services available to you from Artisan. Your consent to our providing this information to you will be implied unless you notify us that you do not wish to receive this information. You may do this by contacting Artisan at email@example.com.
PROTECTING AND MAINTAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information we hold about you from unauthorised access, use and disclosure. We will destroy your information when it is no longer needed. Please be aware we do not use any form of encryption (encoding software) to protect information you send from your computer to us over the internet.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to access the information we hold about you, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where possible, your request will be dealt with immediately although you may need to complete an access request form for more complex requests.
We will endeavour to remove and destroy your personal information upon request however if we do so we will not be able to provide you with further recruitment services nor allow you to submit content to our web site. We may still use or disclose your information if you subsequently consent to the disclosure or we believe the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or as otherwise required by law.
If you know the information we hold about you is not accurate or complete, please advise us so we can amend it.
If you have any concerns about how we handle your personal information or require further information, please contact the General Manager.
The information contained in this website is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 2008 Artisan Recruitment Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.